The Ministry of Education has denied reports that the free Senior High School (SHS) programme is under review.
Earlier reports in a section of the media indicated that the government was reviewing the programme.
But a statement issued by the Public Relations Officer of the Ministry, Kwasi Kwarteng on Friday July 22 said “The Ministry’s attention has been drawn to some publications making the rounds which suggest an ongoing review of the Free SHS policy by the GES.
“According to the story, the said review is to determine how much parents can pay so far as the policy is concerned.
“For purposes of clarity, the Free SHS policy is not under the purported review.”