Suspect who killed lover in Ho remanded in police custody again

A Ho Magistrate Court has for the second time remanded Anthony Dordorye, a suspect in the murder of a 25-year-old lady in Ho, into police custody.

Relieving Magistrate, Akosah Agyare-Amoanpong Yaw, was compelled to order the 27-year-old footballer to reappear before the court on 19 May 19.  

This followed a plea from the prosecutor to be allowed more time to forward the docket on the case to the Attorney General’s Department for advice. 

Anthony Dordorye was found unconscious with knife wounds on his neck and stomach in a room with the corpse of Harriet Hiati, his girlfriend, in the early hours of March 23.

READ  Koku Anyidoho’s World Bank shall remain the Volta region, no attempt to move it will work – Koku

The deceased’s head was almost off her body.

Anthony who was arrested immediately spent about 28 days receiving treatment at Ho Teaching Hospital. 

At his second appearance at the Ho Magistrate Court, he was dressed in an ash hoodie and blue jeans with a nose mask on holding a bottle of water. 

In the auditorium filled with families of the suspect and the deceased, officer Justine Osafo, who represented the original prosecutor, told the court a docket is yet to be submitted to the Attorney General’s Department for appropriate direction. 

READ  RTI Commission Hold Public Sensitization in Volta Region

The Relieving Magistrate, Akosah Agyare-Amoanpong, therefore, ordered the suspect, charged with murder, to remain in custody and reappear on May 19. 

The family of the deceased, however, believes that the suspect killed their daughter by slitting her throat and attempted to commit suicide.

Mother of the deceased in the company of family members

“Two people can not be in a room and one would say he doesn’t know how the other died, especially when the door was locked from the inside. We want the truth to be revealed and justice served us”, said Herbert Kofi Gumedzo, uncle of the deceased. 

READ  Retired teacher has sex with daughter at Ho for 2 years to stop her from sleeping with other men

The deceased and the suspect have been dating for over five years and have been cohabiting at the residence of the deceased’s mother, where the unfortunate incident occurred.

Source: Myjoyonline


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button